Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Looking at the Season's End

I interrupted my evening commute home to visit the East Branch of the Rocky River to see if the curtain had fallen on the West Side Steelhead Run, 2010 Edition.

The rain from earlier in the week may have brought in a last push of fresh fish, but a friend didn't see any in the lower river and the East Branch was already running low and clear. One eager angler hung an old male from a stringer and asked me to take his picture. I was overdressed for the job (wearing sport coat and dress slacks) but complied. I watched two fish hold in a run. Not sure if they were the last two in the river, but they might as well have been. Perhaps there'll be some more fishing on the Grand, but I think the West Side steelhead story has been told for the year.


No comments: