Saturday, May 24, 2008

Voice Mail from the Grand

A friend left a message on my voicemail today declaring that he had found lots of steelies in the Grand today -- fishing were I could find none on Thursday. So it goes at the end of the season. I guess I could have tried it harder on Thursday, but it was my son's last day of high school and I wanted to spend some time with him. He fished with me a lot when he was young, but as he got older he turned to paintball. I miss having him as a partner, but couldn't be happier about the young man he has grown into. Thursday night the reality of the end of high school was hitting him pretty hard. In a month he'll be in Colorado Springs for basic training at the Air Force Academy. There isn't enough time between now and then to say goodbye adequately. But I'll use every minute I can to try.

No comments: