Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bill Tapply RIP

All of us who write for a living and love to fly fish dream of following in the footsteps of the Tapplys. Sadly, the son, Bill, passed away last week.

This is from MidCurrent:

Author Bill Tapply died Tuesday evening after a two-year struggle with leukemia. Tapply was a prolific writer, producing more than 40 books and thousands of magazine articles, mostly about fly fishing and the outdoors. He was perhaps best known for his more than two dozen New England-based mystery novels, including the recent Bitch Creek and Gray Ghost.

His stories of fishing with his father, the great outdoor writer Tap, will stay with me forever. They remind me of my own cherished (but very different) fishing experiences with my father. I will miss his clean, simple prose.

No comments: