Thursday, August 6, 2009

15 More Minutes of Practice

Catching a tree with yarn should be challenging, but I've managed to do it twice during my nightly casting practice sessions. Tonight I caught the tree/shrub lining my neighbors garage on the back cast. The line wrapped around a tiny branch and held tight. At least it is easier to remove than a fly with a hook ...

My 15 minute practice sessions are designed to help prepare me for the much-anticipated Yellowstone trip, which will include a float trip with the gang at Blue Ribbon Flies. I am trying to use Lefty Kreh's techniques.




Lefty talks about shifting your body rather than swinging your arm (and wearing out your shoulder). I'm hoping that by early September I've got that technique down, because my shoulder won't stand up to a week of fly casting.

No comments: